Monday, April 4, 2011

frozen honey cream


the goods:

1 and 3/4 cups heavy cream
2/3 cup wildflower or orange blossom honey
4 large egg yolks


In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream to stiff peaks, then refrigerate. In a small pot, bring honey to a boil over medium-high and cook 2 minutes. In another medium bowl, using mixer, beat egg yolks until pale yellow. With mixer running, add hot honey in a slow steady stream. Beat on high until mixture has cooled to room temperature, about 5 minutes.


With a rubber spatula, fold in whipped cream.


Transfer mixture to a 5-by-10-inch loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze until set, 2 hours (or up to 1 week).

3 comments:

Becca said...

I've never heard of anything like this but it looks wonderful. We have a local honey farm (not sure if that's the right term) and store that carries all kinds of flavored honeys. Cinnamon is my favorite. I might try that one in this recipe.

Unknown said...

was it good? I know I always ask that, but I gotta know if its worth the work :D

Brent and Britta said...

I only post the good ones! There are some that never make the blog!